Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Little Kicker

Creating a life within you is something only a woman can truly understand.  That fact in and of itself is by far the most miraculous thing I have experienced!  Along with the creation of life come the wonderful movements of the little one within.  It all started at about 18 weeks or so for me with tiny, subtle little taps and have grown into full blown punches.  Mark and I call it “Soccer Practice”, “Karate Practice” and sometimes I will even say that our little boy is trying to get out.  It really is like I have a boxer inside who is sparring with my organs, haa haa! 

A few weeks back Mark and I were watching TV, getting ready to go to bed.  I was laying down and had begun to feel the little kicks.  They got a little stronger and so I had Mark put his hand on my belly and sure enough he could feel the kicks now too.  He was so excited! 

Another week or so later we were again watching TV before bed and I felt several large, strong kicks and so I pulled back the covers a bit and told Mark to just watch.  After a few seconds we both saw this bump come up on my belly and then go back down.  WHAT?!?!?!  To feel it is one thing, but to see it physically happen, that is just crazy!!!  We watched this happen a few more times before the little one calmed down.  Each time we looked at each other with such amazement at this extraordinary event, TRULY AMAZING!

All the kicking and subtle movements are now a regular part of my day. Even though they are regular it brings smile to my face each time it happens.  We have a pretty active child already, I wonder if that has any foreshadowing for what is to come …..hmmm, we’ll see!

1 comment:

  1. How cute. Mark, I remember when I was preggo, and I would watch Logan litterly roll from one side of my belly to the other. I was quite amazing. Good luck to you both and if you ever need anything please let me know. Miss u all at work.

    ReplyDelete