Friday, June 19, 2009

It wasn't me, it was the baby

For the past couple of nights, the covers had somehow left my vicinity and became draped over Jessica's side of the bed. I asked her about this, and she said, "It isn't me, it's the baby." Then she began telling me this story about how when she is sleeping the baby plays the drums to let her know that he's cold and in turn she has to steal some of the covers. It was a very cute story. Then she spoke about the reality of being uncomfortable in the sleeping position due to her growing belly, and that she tosses and turns and she's sorry if she takes any of the covers. How can I argue with that?

Recently there has been a little less room in our bed. I understood that Jessica was going to get a little bit bigger, so this was no surprise. But what I did not expect was there to be a pillow that now guards the center of the bed. From what I've been told, I should enjoy sleep now before the baby comes. I was in process of trying to do that, when I had an unexpected visitor join the bed.

When we were newly married or even engaged and we went places that had maternity clothes Jessica wouldn't hesitate to tell me that she is going to look so cute pregnant. I agreed with her then. But now as it's happening, I completely concur. She is the most beautiful pregnant woman Ever! I love her so much. I am continually amazed at how God created this whole process.

Daddy Mak

1 comment:

  1. What a precious post Mark. You do have a very adorable pregnant wife. We love you both! The pillow guarding the center of the bed sound so familiar...I wonder why? :) Yes, despite the lack of covers, try to get your rest while you still can!!! I hope Jessica is staying cool and comfortable as we kick it into full gear for summer, I can't seem to be cool enough and everyone else in this house seems to be freezing! :) (Father of the Bride 2 - great flick for a preggo couple!) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete