Thursday, September 24, 2009

3 Weeks Later


We've finished our 2 week doctor appointment and he's growing bigger and heavier and the doctor says that he's healthy. Here are a some observations about our new lives after 3 weeks. First, why are some of the tenderest moments between a mother and child so inappropriate to take pictures of in our society. Second, I would like a moment to talk about Real Men. I have heard that Real Men don't cry, Real Men get on their knees and pray, Real Men don't wear purple unless they're royalty. I would like to propose that Real Men change DIRTY diapers at ungodly hours in the morning. Third, now that I've personally witnessed the miracle of childbirth I am more in awe of our Creator and his plan, and have tremendously more respect for Mothers around the world. Fourth, I've now realized that I won't break a baby, and I can get used to changing diapers. Fifth, I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with my son and my wife. If we could find a way to not work and both stay at home, it would be fantastic. Sixth, I know that every parent loves to brag about their children, but I believe that we have the cutest Baby EVER. Seventh, the Diaper Genie needs to be about 3 times its regular size, I feel like I change that thing every day. Eighth, Only through the grace of God can a single teenage mother survive even one day, let alone raise a well-adjusted youngster. The demands of a newborn's attention don't allow for much down time to relax or even take care of yourself.

Here are a couple of pictures from our friends and family that came to visit.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me! It was so great to see you both and little Joel! I agree with your comment that real men change diapers.

    ReplyDelete