Monday, August 17, 2009

9 days left

Hey devoted followers,
Thanks for checking in from time to time on our insights into this whole pregnancy thing. I can tell you that it has been a 2 eye opener for both of us. We are extremely excited that what was 9 months to go is now just less than 2 weeks to our due date. You can look up all sorts of stats about how accurate the whole due date is and you'll get lots of answers, but due to God's chosen timing we are excited that our son is just about to arrive. The baby's room has been renovated, moved, cleaned and decorated more times than I even want to count. The car seat is already in the car. We have our bags packed and we are ready to go. (not on a jet plane) We've plotted the most efficient path to the hospital and are trying to catch up on as much sleep as we can. We are as prepared as most people are for the delivery process and bringing our son home. But for our world to be turned upside down, we can only hope that we enjoy the ride. In my Boot Camp for New Dad's book, there's a quote that says "Everybody says it's going to change your life. OK -well what does that mean?" What it means is that even though you've planned for it, it is still going to be more fulfilling, more meaningful, and more humbling than anything you've ever done in your life. A common phrase that I've heard is "Once that baby fixes in on your eyes, it just steals your heart for the rest of your life." Growing up, I had heard that it wasn't macho to cry or whatever but I will not be ashamed if I cry when I first look at, hold, sing to or caress my son. Nor will I be ashamed if I cry when I change a diaper. (for a different reason) How can you be prepared for something that is going to rock your world? Ask me in about 9 days, and I'm sure I'll tell you that I wasn't prepared at all.

Daddy MAK

ps. another picture of Jessica at 9+ months.

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute and I am totally enjoying your links! I will also look forward to following along closely when your little precious arrives! (IF you have time to blog!) Otherwise, I'll trust that you have your hands full! Much love to you and Jessica! ox, Dawn

    ReplyDelete